Saturday 25 June 2011

'JUST ONE MORE THING'

Now i am suddenly aware that my blogs are really turning into an obituary column but i can't help reacting to news that saddens me. Those of you who know me will know that i'm a massive Columbo fan. So much so that i once crashed my car rushing home to catch the start of an episode that i didn't have on DVD. Anyway, Peter Falk, the actor who played the wonderfully dishevelled genius passed away yesterday.
Columbo is my perfect example of TV escapism and it has brought me great pleasure over the years. Watching him unravel a mystery that we already know the answer too and seeing him home in on his prey as he lulls them into a false sense of security is a joy to behold.
                                                                          GENIUS

So, quickly moving away from mortality. Yesterday we approved the artwork for the promo copies of my album ZEBULON which will be in simpler packaging than the retail version. They will go out to press etc for review and also give radio a broader view of what i'm all about. There is a sneak preview of the front cover in the news section of the website.
Do you ever get the feeling that you just want to get away for a while. Even though there is lots going on at the moment i feel the need to escape for a few days. I've got that claustrophobic feeling. Probably need to start going to the gym to release those feel good endorphins and kill two birds with one stone. I've got a busy week ahead. I've got an Acoustic Angels gig tonight, an interview and live solo performance on BBC Radio Humberside tomorrow, on Monday the dreaded dentist then a Dolphin rehearsal followed by 2 Boy on a Dolphin gigs on Tuesday and wednesday, the Angels at Doncaster on Thursday, a solo gig in Dronfield on Friday. I'm doing an hour at a friends wedding on Saturday then legging it to Doncaster for an Angels gig on the same night. Phew, i'm tired just writing it. Not complaining though.
Oh well it's noon Sunday and i'm about to head off to a sound check in Stannington!
Cheers all
'oh and just one more thing' as the great man would say.
If you haven't already downloaded the new single BUILDING AVALON then go to the home page on
www.johnreilly.org
and click on the single.
Bye
                                                                          I WISH!

No comments:

Post a Comment