Friday 17 June 2011

ARTWORK PREVIEWS

Hi
One of those days. Got guests coming tonight from Liverpool to see Ken Dodd at The Lyceum. I can't go cos i've got a gig. Would have loved to have gone. He's about 83 now and still going strong. A British institution if ever there was one. I've got people staying in The DogHouse (My writing room and place of refuge) It looks like Steptoe's back yard at the moment so i've got to sort it out cos my sister and brother in law are staying there tonight.
The time has come for us to press up some albums to send to our Press agent who will then send them out for review etc. I'm still in 10 minds over the running order. I'm so happy with the front cover though, it's great. The album is called ZEBULON.
Isn't it beautiful and thought provoking. The artist is Marius Romila from Transylvania. I located the image on the internet when searching for a cover image for the song Not Alone but liked it so much i saved it for the album itself. We have now paid for permission to recreate the image. Having done that i had to find a cover for Not Alone which through public demand after plays on the Aled Jones show on
BBC Radio 2 is now up on iTUNES for download.
I love this image and it has an urban contemporary feel to it too. Hope you like it.
I wanted to find a cover for Building Avalon that totally represented the song and the struggle and defiance it represents and again i'm really happy with it.
Don't you think my buttocks look rather pert in this shot and my bloody arms were killing me.
See you soon
Reilly - Ace of Pies

No comments:

Post a Comment