Thursday 21 July 2011

THIEVES, WIZZARDS & MAVERICKS

Good Evening, how are you?
Just got home, poured myself a drink and parked myself at this here laptop to say hello to you. Went to Steve Beighton's house today to work on the artwork for the insert that will go in the promo album sleeves which we are expecting on Saturday. John Jnr took a few pics of me in my Doghouse (Den) last night so used one of them and added the contact info.
Was so pissed off yesterday cos some tosser stole my favourite hat in the bookies on London Road. I was having some Dim Sum with Lewis for lunch and reading the paper and suggested to Lewis that we have a little flutter just for a laugh so i crossed the road went into Paddy Power, put down my hat (my fave camouflaged peaked one) and put a bet on. Lewis came into the shop, we watched the race and of course we lost, as always. After that i went to retrieve the paper and the hat and they were gone!!!! The fellas behind the counter didn't seem to bothered and usually i wouldn't be but i piggin' well loved that hat. In fact here is a pic of me wearing it last Sunday at a gig in Cornwall.....Rather fetching don't you think.
Anyway, as the day wore on i got madder and madder thinking about how many unreported crimes there must be because people think they are too trivial and the fact that the staff would not look at CCTV to see who nicked it made me think sod it i'm reporting it to the police. I now have an official crime number, K69190/2011. I'm going to hunt you down you thieving pig dog wherever you are! I sent a text to my friend who is very high up in the Police force. It said:
"Justice shall prevail! I have faith in your super sleuths. Dredge the River Don! My hat must be found and the perpetrator must face the full weight of the law. Leave no stone unturned in the quest for my precious cranial covering! and remember.........be careful out there."
Let's face it people...i'm never going to see it again am i. It's not the £45, it's just that i liked it.

It seems so long ago now that i was laying on a beach, can't even remember where now, reading the very first Harry Potter book. I absolutely loved it. It transported me to a place i had not been for such a long time and made me feel the thrill of adventure, imagination and wonder that i took for granted as a child. Over the next 10 years or so i read every book and watched every movie.
Wow. Look how young they are. It's been a thrill watching them grow up and as i watched the very last episode, The Deathly Hallows 2 tonight at the cinema, i felt really sad to be saying goodbye to them all. No doubt i'll revisit the whole series when the inevitable box set hits the shelves in december! Anyway, good luck and thank you to all the wonderful actors for bringing me so much pleasure....Now get your fu**ing wands out and magic back my precious hat!

This Sunday i am playing at one of my favourite venues, Sheffield City Hall, opening up for Grammy Award winning Raul Malo, lead singer with The Mavericks. As far as i know it's sold out but if not then why not come down and give me a wave!
That's the dude, above. I absolutely love his voice and i'm looking forward to meeting him on Sunday.

I've got an early and rare rehearsal with The Acoustic Angels tomorrow morning. I've got a couple of songs i should be learning right now but i'm talking to you instead.
I played Cornwall this weekend. God the weather was rough. Horizontal rain and the wind so strong that you got sandblasted walking across the beach to the venue. Me, Mick and Carole drank an embarrassing amount of whiskey over the 2 days but all that fresh air seems to counter act any adverse effects. (well immediate ones anyway) The day before, we attended my great friend Doctor Jenny Simpson's wedding to the wonderful Tim and it was a brilliant day. The weather was fantastic for the rather lavish outdoor ceremony and the guests, which included many of the great and the good from Westminster, were treated to some tasty Jazz on the lawns of The Botanical Gardens by the lovely Nicola Farnham. I'm so pleased for them both and they looked so happy!
Zebedee has just arrived and said it's time for bed....................................I wonder where my lovely hat is right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment