Wednesday 31 August 2011

SURREY WITH A SIREN ON TOP


Monday morning.
I have just been woken up by a donkey. I’m in bed in a rather plush motor home in the grounds of a lovely house in Bagshot, Surrey.  I’m not in bed with a donkey i hasten to ad. It is outside the door with a load of chickens, a horse , sheep and a dog that has now decided to join in the din! I had a pretty wild gig last night in Esher in a massive marquee with The Acoustic Angels. Instead of driving home I took up the offer of staying so I would be as fresh as a daisy this morning….......ER….WRONG!
Jeeeeeeez! Sorry to interrupt but now a WW2 air raid siren is going off! It’s deafening! I think it must be something to do with HRH Prince Edward, he lives next door.
Thank God, it’s stopped.
I was driving my friends back from the gig last night and I ended up going the wrong way on the M25. Not a good move at that time of the night and that added an hour onto the journey back. When I did get back a bottle of whiskey was opened (FATAL) and when I did eventually go to bed the birds were singing.
Just found out that the siren is the Monday morning test at Broadmoor (Home for axe murderers and the generally criminal insane) and if anyone ever hears this siren other than a Monday morning then they know to lock themselves in their houses because a serial killer has escaped!

I can hardly walk today. My left hip is killing me! I think I must have done it last night when I ejected some fella from our stage with my foot. Karma I suppose!

I was really flattered by the nice things that Paul O’Grady said about me and my album on his show on Sunday.  He gave me a 10 out of 5! Said the album was fab and that I had a great voice. Thank you Paul!

Wednesday
The virus I was just getting in my last blog is still lingering but I managed to get through 5 nights on the trot performing thanks to the help of antibiotics as powerful as elephant tranquilisers, kneeling over a big bowl of water and albus oil with a towel on my head every 5 hours and by purchasing just about every remedy, medical and homeopathic, that you can find on the shelves of Superdrug!
I now have the videos of 3 songs that we shot a couple of weeks ago to represent how I perform the stripped down versions of the songs. They turned out well, especially Deep and Blue. We’ll be sending a free link to everyone on the mailing list and here is one at the end of this blog for you. Please forward the link to your contacts and direct people to www.johnreilly.org
                                                           Still from 'Before You' video


I have a rehearsal tonight because I have a rare Boy on a Dolphin gig on Friday. I enjoy the Dolphin gigs a lot more now, firstly because of the gaps between gigs it really feels like an event and secondly there is not the tension that was there when we where fighting as if our careers depended on every gig.
ENJOY THE VID……and please pass it on
Click on the link

Cheers all. Off to Liverpool in the morning to see my nephew Brendan in Romeo and Juliet. Speak to you soon.
PS. Zeb says Hi



1 comment:

  1. Loved the Deep and Blue video - it shows just how good your live performances are. Were you and Lewis having a beard growing contest? Lesley x

    ReplyDelete